Thursday, February 6, 2014

Homemade Personalized Disney Autograph Album - Part 2

Last year, I shared the Disney autograph album I made for my kids to share. This year, I think my 2.5 year old will enjoy having his own album, so my daughter will keep the original album, and I've made a similar one for my son.



I used the same sketch book to start and again covered it with a piece of scrapbook paper and added letter stickers to spell out Disney and my son's name. I also added some chunky gold glitter and gold confetti stars. I coated the whole thing with a few coats of Mod Podge for durability. And, again, I knotted some grosgrain ribbon around the spiral binding.



I also added some silver star confetti to Meg's album to fancy it up and some baker's twine to both albums to hold the chunky clickable Sharpies in place.



The album worked so well last time. The pages are nice and thick so the Sharpie doesn't bleed through, the cover folds around to the back so it's easier for the costumed characters to hold, and the book still looks brand new after the beating it took at the park. I went through and labeled every left-hand page in each book as a photo page, so the characters will know to only sign on the right-hand pages and I can attach photos of the interactions when we get home. I also wrote our phone number and email address inside the covers as well as penciled in our hotel name and dates so the books can be sent straight there if lost while we're still on vacation.


Photobucket

No comments: