Sunday, March 10, 2013

Homemade Personalized Disney Autograph Album

I wasn't crazy about the price tag or styles of Disney park autograph albums for our Disneyland trip, so I made one for Meg in advance. I had a surprisingly difficult time locating the perfect notebook to use as a base at first. I finally went with this one from Amazon. I wanted thick blank pages, spiral bound, 4x6ish, hard cover, no perforated pages, and an affordable price. This one hit all those marks except for the perforated pages, but they're nice and tight, so there's no real concern about them falling out, and it was a non-issue.



I mod podged some scrapbook paper to the front and some stickers spelling out "Disney" and my kids' nicknames. I covered it all with 3 heavy coats of mod podge to it'd stick well. Then I tied a variety of short ribbon pieces onto the spirals to fancy it up a bit more.



I purchased fat clickable Sharpies, so the characters in suits could easily operate them. It worked really well. Here it is in action:



Photobucket

No comments: