Monday, January 21, 2013

Crossover twists, fishtail braids



For this style, I parted the hair all the way from forehead to neck. I took two front sections and twisted them back, crossed them over each other, and continued twisting down to meet the rest of the hair in pigtails. I added a small clip where they intersection to define the crossover a bit more. I finished the pigtails in two fishtail braids. Fishtail braids are the very simplest braids to do. There are a million great tutorials for them on YouTube. Take a moment to have a peek, and you won't regret it.



Aren't these tulle pom pom bows cute? I found them for just a few dollars on Target's website.



*I don't like to pull Meg's hair too tightly, both for her comfort and to avoid damaging her hair. I only heat treat (blowdry or use the curling iron) and use product on rare special occasions. You'll get a more polished look if you do these things, but I'd rather she be comfy and protect her hair while she's so young. I think she still looks darling even with things a bit looser.*


Photobucket

No comments: