Saturday, September 1, 2012

Pretend Flower Arranging / Potting - Outdoor Sensory Play

Sometimes I'll do an activity with Meg, photograph our fun, edit and upload the photos for the blog, and then just let them sit and sit and sit. I don't know why it is that some blog posts just write themselves and others I'll just sit and stare at before clicking away to mindlessly surf Pinterest. But that's the way this one was. So enough of that. Here are some pictures of a fun, sensory, pretend play outdoor activity we did earlier this summer and have revisited a few times since.

The invitation: I filled her sensory table with a bag of organic "vegetable garden" soil. I wanted to be sure the soil I used was safe for her to be playing in. I offered a few potting containers from Dollar Tree and some stems of faux flowers, also from Dollar Tree.


She did some potting...


but preferred planting.


Her beautiful garden.




Photobucket

No comments: