Monday, August 6, 2012

Homemade Memory Matching Toy

This is the activity I was most sure would flop, and it's turned out to be one of Meg's favorites.



I made a memory/matching game out of old frozen juice lids. I simply cut out 2 circles each of different scrapbook papers and decoupaged them onto the lids.



Margaret can play memory with a friend or by herself, or she can sort and arrange the pretty lids.





It's pretty cute to watch her play memory with these by herself. *flip, flip* "Nope." *flip, flip* "Nope." *flip flip* "Same-same! I did it!"

Photobucket

Other activities in the series:
Ribbons in a Bottle Toy
Clothespin Clipping Toy
Pom Pom Push Toy
Pipe Cleaner Poking Toy
Fun Boxes

5 comments:

Unknown said...

These are so adorable. I could see them being magnets too!

Montessori DOTNET said...

what a cool idea, thanks!!! Sharing it on
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Montessori-Dotnet/217317805056462

Ness @ One Perfect Day said...

These are beautiful! I love using items from around the home to create simple play activities for the kids. I'm featuring this on my blog today as one of my favourites from last week's Tuesday Tots link up. Thank you for linking up! Please feel free to come over and grab a featured at button.

Laura Ingalls wannabe said...

Thank you for the feature! :)

Crystal Underwood said...

What an adorable matching game! I love it! I just wanted to let you know that I featured this on Tuesday Tots for the week and will be promoting this and you through all of m social media:) Drop by Growing A Jeweled Rose and check it out. Also, thanks for sharing with Tuesday Tots :)