Friday, August 10, 2012

Animal Matching Game



For this activity, I raided Margaret's animal figures and matched up as many as I could with animal flash cards from Target's Dollar Spot. There ended up being 12 matches, which is a perfect starting amount.



Margaret lays the cards out in rows and matches the animal figures on top. She enjoys doing this activity on her own, and it also gives us an opportunity, when I have a chance to get down and play with her, to talk about the animals. Sometimes she asks me to read some of the interesting facts on the backs of the cards.



If you don't have a set of animal flash cards, you could easily print out pictures from the computer. You could do extensions for any collections of small figures your kid has - cars, puzzle pieces, shaped blocks.


Photobucket


Other activities in the series:
Pool Noodle Art
Button Snake Toy
Memory Matching Toy
Ribbons in a Bottle Toy
Clothespin Clipping Toy
Pom Pom Push Toy
Pipe Cleaner Poking Toy
Fun Boxes

3 comments:

Michelle@ Learning to Be a Mom said...

Your blog is so cute. I was at the Sunday Showcases clicking on links I wanted to look at more in depth, and I clicked on like four of your links. I love these ideas. I have a lot of toddler activity ideas on my blog too. I'd love for you to come check it out sometime.

Laura Ingalls wannabe said...

Thanks, Michelle! I just realized I've seen a few of your posts pinned on Pinterest. I look forward to following you!

Ness @ One Perfect Day said...

This is a great matching activity. I've pinned this to the Tuesday Tots Pinterest board. Thanks for linking up!