Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Mumkin? Daisykin?

I don't know what it is, but I like it!

Inspired by this blog.  I wanted to make mine appear less a pumpkin made of mums and more a pumpkin growing mums out of its top.

It was so easy.  I used a craft pumpkin from Michaels and 4 stems of silk flowers.  Just punched a hole in the pumpkin with a nail, popped a head off the stem, and shoved it in.  I also added a few of the leaves from the stems to fill in the sparse spots.  You could put a dab of hot glue in each of the holes if you like, but the flowers fit nice and snug, so I didn't bother.




Isn't it cheerful?

1 comment:

augustvows said...

It is ADORABLE! I'm going to have to do one or two myself. I much prefer it half-covered to the fully covered ones I've seen.

You've inspired me to update my blog. :)