Monday, October 11, 2010

"I drool over dresses made of lace"

Margaret and I went out shopping for a Christmas dress for her today.  It's early, yes, but I can get a better deal on photo Christmas cards if we make them early.

My plan was for an old-fashioned style holiday dress.  Corduroy, smocking, embroidery, jumper-cut, gingerbread men, etc.  I found plenty that fit that bill, and they were darling, but as I held them up to my girl, they just weren't her.  They were all me.  Margaret actually has a lot of my sister's fire in her.  She's bright and social and the center of attention.  She's her own girl.  Fortunately, I found a dress at Kohls that just screamed Margaret (and Alyssa).

I tried to get my little blur to slow down for half a second for a picture, but she was having none of it.  You're going to have to use your imaginations a bit here, folks.







Sparkly velvet, faux fur cuffs, rhinestone bow?  Yeah, that's our girl.  Don't know where she gets it from exactly, but you've got to love her.

I also held my breath and tried on the dress I bought her a few months ago for her Halloween costume.  It fits perfectly.  Whew!  I bought the fabric for her cloak/hood today.  Here's our Little Red Riding Hood, minus her hood (and tights).

1 comment:

alyssababyyyy said...

That's my girl, Margaret.