Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Relief Society birthday gifts

One of my callings at church is to acknowledge each woman's birthday.  I wanted to do something fun and crafty, but also useful.  I finally decided on little felt needlebooks.  They can have as much or as little detail as I feel like, and I find mine very handy to have around.

In the past, I've embroidered family and friends' names on the ones I made for them, but I was worried that would be too time-intensive with such a large group.  Instead, I found a bag of cute coordinating buttons and sewed a few onto the front of each book.  The books consist of three strips of felt bound together with embroidery floss, with a decorative blanket-stitch around the cover.

5 comments:

Amber said...

Those are so cute!

J said...

Love it!! I want one!

alyssababyyyy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
alyssababyyyy said...

ya, super cute... that's great how both Nana AND Mom have one but your little sister doesn't. ALSO! I am having a hard time reading books lately. I always loose my place! WONDER HOW I CAN FIX THAT!?!?!

(:

All My Love,
Alyssa <3
(your favorite sister who recently bought you a ROCKIN' necklace)

alyssababyyyy said...

*lose